Monday, January 16, 2006

I skipped my swim tonight at MSC because I've had enough of Makati for one day. It was the odd bureaucracy of a firm that would not give me an offer and yet is already having me fill out forms for the BIR and for opening a bank account. Well, that's a little presumptuous of them I think.

The retarded road logic of that city is appalling. Whoever heard of a major avenue suddenly becoming oneway at the daytime? AND w/ warning roadsigns at very poor locations (i.e. right at the point where the one way system begins)! Yes, I'm talking about Makati avenue, and having to turn into P. Burgos. All that Makati avenue traffic has to enter little P. Burgos.

I imagine all the Makati denizens snickering because of my naivete about the city. The city is relatively progressive, but it's psycho. I've told myself that when I move out, I'm not going to locate in Makati. I'm gonna get something at the Fort. I need a place that'll rejuvenate me, and not some place that'll piss me off. If one lives in a state where logic and sensibility are absent, you end up becoming semi-psycho yourself.

1 comment:

ebtg said...

Nahuli ka sa one way no?