Thursday, January 26, 2006

am actually enjoying my part-time job, mostly due to the interaction that i get with French people. Occasionally, I even have to employ my French language skills to get something productive done. I'd say that the language environment here is 10-15% French and 85-90% English. That small percentage is more stimulation in this language than i've had in a long time.

What I didn't expect though is that I'd be dealing with people who would talk about other topics like economics, finance and art, so I find myself boning up also on these issues (in both languages). The dreariest part (and thankfull shortest) is evaluating language levels of leaners, but after that is done with, I find myself engaging in intelligent conversations. If I happen get to a low-level learner, then I get to do translation work and also occasionally speak in French.

As with all office environments, there are a few things to get peevish about. But why grouse about that? Actually, office grousing and griping CAN be fun. Just don't do it with your co-workers. Ha ha. I find it hilarious when I see people getting political. . .ooh, oh so early, I hear office tsismis.

I haven't gone swimming in a week, partially due to an allergy. Dang.

No comments: