Monday, March 07, 2005

conference today

spent most of the morning and early afternoon at the New World Renaissance for an international conference on Business, Economics and IT. It was international in the sense that we had some professors and grad/undergrad students from Alfred University (NY, USA). At some points I felt that the students were asking questions during the open forum segment to get recitation credit from their professor. Alfred U, as co-organizers of this conference, so I hear, financed a lot of this conference. UP School of Econ, the other co-organizer, provided the intellectual capital.

As with a lot of conferences, this meant subsidized food. So I ate up the Tiramisu, salmon and egg sandwiches during breaks. Stir-fried oyster chicken and nut pies during lunch. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

I'll next write a few bits on what papers were discussed, and the ideas that were thrown around. Some were pretty hilarious -- in both the funny and absurd senses of the word.

2 comments:

epvl said...

Can I link to your blog? ;)

fabian said...

sure! could you tell me who you are though? where you're from, and your interests?









Kidding! One day I'll find the energy to do the nitty gritty involved in putting up links to other ppl's blogs.