Saturday, September 18, 2004

Today, I woke up early again. That meant, that I dropped my sis off in her school. I wished her a good day, and then drove to my own place: the school. I've been sleeping in the Revo lately. It's warm. It's dry. It's especially nice to sleep inside it when its cold and rainy outside. So I've taken to having morning naps in the Revo. Naps in the Library or in the teaching fellow office suck. I sleep in til 10 mins before class starts. Midway through my nap, I get an SMS from Sarah: Dr. Clarete won't be coming in today, because he's ill. He gets ill quite a bit. I think it's due to intellectual disquiet. He's got this research project that is just gnawing in his head. . .so with the 90 mins free, I go off to the Rizal library, and decided to read about flow of funds evidence in monetary policy shocks. i'm humming along nicely. i'm learning all about assumptions and why certain vectors have to be orthogonal to each other. one day, this will all make sense. i head back for my 1-4 pm class. first period we learn a model on exchange rate determintation. Thank you, Dr. Canlas. later, we hear from Dr. Reside why the Philippines is NOT like Argentina. Lots of similarities, but there are a few differences. 4 PM. I go off to the auditorium. Cong. Joey Salceda to talk about this same issue. He's a riot. He makes lots of good points. I learned a few things.

Picked up sis. Got home. Had dinner with Mom, freshly flew in from BKK for a doctor's appointment. Crossing my fingers that there's nothing wrong. We drank bad pink champagne tonight, along with the curry she brought over.





No comments: