Friday, September 24, 2004

I recited with all three of my professors today, Clarete-Canlas-Reside. That actually means something. I don't recite often. Yeah, me! I don't. I just want to take the notes and get out of there -- go back to read basic econ books coz those I know. Today, I just had something to say, for some reason. Maybe the extra reading I've been doing is paying off.

I was in an academic mood. I even inquired about the Ph.D program and attended the Friday seminar (today's topic, Exchange and Institutions care of Dr. de Dios, more bits on the New Institutional Economics field). At the end of the presentation, Dr. de dios flashed pictures of graves of famous economists. That's his new hobby. Collecting these things from the internet. Adam Smith in Edinburgh. Marx in London. Hayek somewhere in Germany.

Who knew that John Stuart Mill was buried in Avignon? I would have checked it out, had I known.


No comments: