Sunday, July 02, 2006

World Schools

Hey guys, will be semi out of commission for the next two weeks. Am flying off with my younger sis to Wales with the Philippine team to the World Schools Debate Championships. This is the World Cup for High School debating. I'm there as a coach/chaperone. It'll be me and 6 high schoolers (2 miriamites, 2 povedans, 2 atenistas).

I bought a Philippine flag today, which we'll use during rounds. We'll put it on our table. If you think this is a little kitschy, shuddup. All teams do this. He he. We also have little pins of the Phil flag which we can put on our shirts.

Like the World Cup, we have an idea of our draw already. We are facing the following teams:

Montenegro (newly independent!), Lesotho, South Africa, Scotland, Wales, Peru, Lithuania and Germany.

there are 36 countries competing, and these are the one's which we'll be facing. The top 16 seeds will then face each other in knock-out rounds. Thankfully, we won't have to meet teams like Australia or England but til later.

Wish us luck! I'll still be textable, but can't receive or make phone calls. :)

* * *

Incidentally, the ADS is now in New Zealand. My bro is there. I think this is a first. All 3 of us debating siblings in international tournaments. (*proud*)

2 comments:

wysgal said...

Good luck and have fun. Sorry I missed the underwater hockey bit --- I was SO looking forward to it. But I'm convinced I would have been worse off if I played in my condition, and I need to be in tip-top shape as I'm taking a short trip myself this coming week.

Make us proud, flag and all!

fabian said...

That's ok teens. since u weren't going, i used the time to prepare more for my trip instead of playing hockey.

what about ur friend though? did she still go? hope she didn't feel too abandoned!

we're gonna blog here, as we can the developments.