Wednesday, July 05, 2006

cardiff

We have no use for our rain gear and sweaters here in Cardiff. I spent the whole day in my tsinelas. Yes, it's the most appropriate footwear here in Wales. Some people in the main shopping area are nakahubo. Most are lean and have abs. A few needs to work out more. He he.

Speaking of shopping, I've gotten some done already. :) I'm never gonna shop at Zara at home again. I got a polo and a shirt here at 15 and 9 quid. they'd probably cost somewhere from 50-75% more back at home. The shopping area at downtown Cardiff is pretty okay. Much better than anything in Geneva (not that THAT is a tough standard), and Cardiff castle is in the background! *end ditz commentary*

Funny the people I've bumped into here at the tournament. Peejay Garcia is the coach of South Korea. Wen Qing (remember him William?), is the coach of Singapore. And JJ of La Verne is the coach of the USA. (die of jealousy Maita and Mahar). We had cross training today with Singapore that turned out okay. And we're doing something with the Korean team a little later.

Last bit to blog about before I go, since there is a bit of line here at the internet provided by the university, british food really still truly sucks. They have to a) learn to cook with garlic and b) stop frying things to death. I'm getting quite potatoed, and breaded out.

More later. Wales is great ey, don't get me wrong. There are lots of bikelanes and Bute Park and downtown shopping is not too shabby. Til next update.

3 comments:

wonderspeller said...

wow wow wow! say hi to the familiar peeps at world schools people got me please! i don't know if wen qing actually remembers me because i met him when i went for the singapore worlds schools thing in 2002. oh well.

super cool about the cheapo zara stuff! may you find more good finds! zara's on sale here rin, so i got a top pretty cheap too. i wonder if bobby will partake when he visits here quickly...

good luck to the kids!

Unknown said...

fabes!! i can't believe that bit about jj. SCARY! all my efforts were useless -- if only i knew earlier on that i'm just not part of his market. hahaha.

have fun, dear. and let's go out when you come back. i miss you :)

Bobby said...

ok, this is really late. haven't gone blog hopping the past couple of weeks.. but just wanted to say... jj, good eye candy memories :)