Sunday, July 16, 2006

Leaving London

Resting my heels now at Easyinternet Cafe along Bond Street. It was a day of shopping, hoo ha. Met up with Tams and her cuz Addie (sp?), and we were "good tourists" first: Buckingham Palace and National Gallery (!), but after lunch at Covent Garden we went on shopping mode. Actually, it was really just Harrods.

What a place. I had never been much to the Kensington-Chelsea portion of London before. I've really seen grittier bits more, read: Camden Town, East End and Brixton. This was a nice change, seeing posh cars, posh buildings, and posh people. So many Arabs here dang. I was also feeling ashamed that I wasn't preppie enough to wear loafers without any socks, boohoo.

* * *

Leaving London with a bit of stuff. Really hope it'll all fit into the luggage.

* * *

World Schools Update. Yeah, that's the reason I'm here after all, not shopping! he he. Australia won. Again. Corny.

We did okay, thought we really missed the break by just that much. We ranked 21st, and had 4 wins and 4 loses. South Korea made quarters and booted out top ranked Pakistan in Octos. Singapore made semis but lost to Australia.

The kids were very social during this tournament. Made many friends, and were quite popular I thought. He he. I do hope they decide to try out for next year's tournament in South Korea. We've got a strong chance to do really well, like make the final. I really think that World Schools is just a puzzle that the Philippines has been a little delayed in figuring out. All ingredients for a good run are there.

* * *

Okay, logging off now. Am flying out from Cardiff in about 7 hours. I'll probably be home in Manila around lunch time Monday. Til then I have no load. Sorry!

No comments: