Sunday, August 28, 2005

I decided to ditch Nams today, foregoing a day trip to her farm and restaurant in Pampanga, in exchange with spending some time with Pops. Gica and Mahar are off in the first debate invitational of the school year, and Kel had some music business with Marc. So that left only me at home, and I thought that I had been spending more than one recent weekend away from home. I needed the brownie points, too. I'll be away and gone next weekend to Mt. Cristobal.

It takes a bit of time to get Pops to talk animatedly. He waxed on and on about jesuits and religion while we were eating at Heaven and Eggs in Tomas Morato. He knows his priests. I forget that he was actually sitting next to Horatio de la Costa many years ago on a trip home from Rome. My pops doesn't always talk much, so it was refreshing change to see him pretty much start getting all excited. He didn't lose any steam when I had to check a few SMSes that came in during the conversation. Memories like these are important. We talked a bit about the house today, and also the arrangements for P. Florentino. I see a potential conflict here, 'coz parents seem to be of two different minds as to what to do with our old house. Income generation is an important element in any future plans as far as Pops is concerned.

No comments: