Saturday, August 27, 2005

Another page of the book of one's life.

Went to Maita's despedida dinner last night. It was the usual cast of Maita characters that I mostly getting along with -- well, I've accepted that sometimes you can't get along with everybody, and to force the issue isn't worth it. Also realized, that some people morph into better people when their evil-influence friends aren't around. Isn't this the case for all of us? Even at our age (gasp!) we still get swayed by the EI people.

Ate so many of those cocktail hotdogs with marshmallows. Food hi-light though was the chocolate fondue that I slathered over bananas, grapes, marshmallows and taisan cake.

I'm glad Maita appreciated the Canada book I gave her. I do hope she uses it! She'll be leaving soon, and I'm guessing (hoping!) that the one year she's gone will go by real fast. Told myself that I wasn't gonna drink much, and I succeeded, taking in only a glass or two of red wine. Still got home at around 4 am though hailing a cab somewhere in the middle of Ortigas.

Am loading up my Ipod with classical music I like. Mobile music for your moods. You can start mapping out your emotional makeup depending on the kind of music needs you have, I think. I have my classical moments, still.

No comments: