Thursday, August 04, 2005

busy day

I'm going to Mt. Mariveles the weekend after next, and I've decided that the trip there can only be a reward from more than a week of productive hard work! So kept myself busy today, working on things that I normally would postpone til later. I figured that, really, my productivity is related to how much time I spend in front of the computer. How gross is that, I realize. I wish that I could be productive if I had a stack of books and an Ipod in Starbucks. No, to complete the whole picture, I'd have to be lugging along a laptop.

I sat in Sir Weyms (from my mathematical past!) Math class this afternoon. Andre was coming over to visit, so I decided to sit in as well. I actually liked sitting in his class. Felt I learnt something again (even if we were just talking about functions). Now I find myself being more able to interpret the teacher's sighs, side comments, etc. Essentially students are lazy, and as a teacher, you have to snap them out of it -- even if you are a real lazy one yourself. He he. They have to really see the value in what you're teaching, that's one thing. Not always easy to communicate that.

No comments: