Monday, August 14, 2006

quiet departure

The office was so empty today, most everyone was on leave. There were only a handful of people around, and oddly enough they were the perfect bunch to be around just before finally leaving. Big fusses are ok of course, but many one-on-one's throughout the day are even better.

What was a nice touch though was that aside from wishes of good luck for my new job, there was the genuine invitation from all parties, whether HR or my colleagues, or quality assurance, or the boss, to hang out and party in the future. I'm going to our firm's mid-year party, and someone else's birthday, and I'm celebrating my birthday with them October. I know: they like me! they really really like me! he he he.

Sometimes one hears that the first job one lands is crap. you have to work for peanuts, long hours, take crap from your bosses. Well, I'm lucky. My official first REAL job was great, in the many dimensions that something could be great. I wish all of you have this good a first job as well.

* * *

Onward and upward!

No comments: