Monday, May 01, 2006

bye bye old house

Gica and I passed by P. Florentino yesterday afternoon for a last minute clearing out of things that would then be transferred to Nova Scotia (street). Macy did a good job in moving things out though, since there was scarcely anything left for Gica and I to cart away, just a few stray musical score books that were gathering dust in a bodega.

Our old house has been transformed! We even have some photos as "evidenciary support". Our front door now has mini-Chinese lions on either side to welcome guests about to walk in. The foyer had all these religious figurines (ready for installation), and fake plastic flowers everywhere. Our patio has the orange fall-effect fake potted plants. What's with our tenants and the penchant for artificial foliage?

Upstairs, my parents room were painted deep pink. I'm glad actually coz it gave the room a better look. It looked much less sorry than the mess we had left it in from last week. It gave me the feeling that some Chinese spirits are gonna move into this house. My old room is now the temporary storage area for the new tenants things. There are multi-colored balls, for luck I assume, in a basket in my room. lovely.

* * *

Further up north, it has been moving in and decorating time at the new house. lots of problems/issues to deal with, which is why I've been neglecting this spot somewhat (and also because our house is very un-civilized in that there is no internet connection there! awful). the landscaping needs work, but our rooms are coming along. Megamall is a new friend coz we get stuff from Our Home to spruce the place up. you guys should check out my new room. i can imagine now burrowing and killing a lot of time in there. Never have I been so organized.

* * *

you guys should drop by for a merienda and chat. it's May, summer's almost over

1 comment:

MONster, MD said...

hey fabian!!

its been a while. anyway, about the books you want to dispose of...I'm interested in Eragon (I'm running juvenile right now, reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan...Eragon will be rest in between the 10+ books). I read that your leafing through Middlesex right now. Tell me if is really worth the Pulitzer prize. Maybe I'll snag a copy if it's good.

Enjoy your new home buddy!!