Sunday, February 26, 2006

talking about myself, about my weekend, Jack Nasty

I did some closet cleaning this weekend. This is in preparation for our big move to LGV some time mid-April. You should see my room these days. It's never been this functional and organized. A little ironic, now that I'm leaving this place in less than 2 months.

I had Saturday and Sunday sessions trying things on and marching towards the mirror on the landing to assess how wearable said garment was, and also getting a 2nd opinion from Gica about how the whole thing looks. Funny, huh. Anyway, she knows what she likes but I got to say that she has some odd notions about what is not wearable but actually is. Maybe she's just a tad spoiled that way. Maybe.

So now I've got an organized closet, and know exactly what I'm missing and what I need to get. Managed to fill in that hole with a little shopping this weekend. I actually spent money I earned myself to buy these clothes. I realize that I can get addicted to this. It's fun. I must have tried out 10 pieces in one store. I knew something was going on outside and that things were getting chaotic. I felt mildly guilty, but that disappeared soon enough. I decided to watch Memoirs of a Geisha, which I enjoyed quite a bit.

* * *

I don't speak or think too deeply. I let some of my ranting friends do that. I'd just rather watch and let things play out, especially when truth and facts are so gray now.

* * *

I was reading a few old letters this evening which is what I do when I want to revisit myself. Realized that I was kinda pikon in high school, and really something of a dweeb, esp. to people who didn't know me. I present facades for people, that's for sure. I want them to get to know a certain part of me, as a matter of survival it might have started, and maybe morphed into a matter of habit or a matter of getting what I want. Is it deception if I never pretended to be something I wasn't, but merely hi-lighted certain aspects of myself?

* * *

tang-ina bitin naman yung Oprah Prime Time tonight. Nice interviews though.

No comments: