Friday, December 16, 2005

technology enabling information gluttony

I discovered from bloglines.com that there are two individuals who subscribe to my blog's RSS feed. well one of those individuals is me. who could the other one be? wow. i have a fan.

actually i haven't figured out all the ins and outs of bloglines.com but it's a great way to keep track of blogs and when they're updated. i used to have firefox launch ten tabs of blogs that i wanted to read. now i just look at my bloglines feed list, where i now keep track of 45 blogs more or less. could you otherwise imagine opening 45 tabs?? he he. technology enabling information gluttony.

* * *

I thought I was gonna end up with a loser night last night but that changed quickly. Kel and I had to share a car so the plan was for him to drive to Ortigas Center (where he had a meeting and two gigs) and for me to take a cab to Makati Sports Club for swimming training. BIG MISTAKE. Seems like everyone is doing their Xmas shopping now. Pucha. I ended up in the dumbest taxi queue on the planet: Basic Taxi in Shangrila Mall. Was able to practice matrona-style evilness and ring their main number. Hello. Where's the fucking dispatcher?

* * *

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The night was saved coz I trooped over to catch the Dicta License gig at 12 in El Pueblo. Recently saw Dicta during their album launch of Paghilom and they were pretty good again this time around. I'm tired though of hearing Ang Ating Araw (over played for me), and enjoying Daloy ng Kamalayan and Enemy more in their set. They played four songs, w/c is about the right number considering my limited rock stamina for a band.

Also heard Itchy Worms (galing ng Hanggang dito na lang ang masa lyric song, whats it called); Mojofly (so-so), and Sponge Cola. Sponge is one of those bands whose name I've heard for a while but I can't associate a melody or song to. I wonder why I've heard a negative comment about them in the recent past. They were good. Their drummer (Charlie? edit: Chris pala) he bangs dem drums hataw. Overall sound dynamic balance ok naman. Vocalist ok na ok rin. And guitars too. Bassist? Hmm. I don't know how to evaluate them really. It was a fan girl night. Screechers and bobbers, esp. for Dicta and Sponge.

Butch and Patching came over and brightened my night. So I didn't get to swim; heard some good music. Loser night transformed.

3 comments:

wysgal said...

The other subscriber is me! Sorry it wasn't someone more exciting ... =)

And yes I've also recently discovered the wonder of bloglines. The only caveat is that it's not real time updating ... there's a delay of a few hours (or minutes) after a post is put up before it appears.

fabian said...

oh. it's just you. kidding! he he.

well at least i know that the person who's subscribing is a good sort, who's not plotting my downfall. he he.

i guess that can be a measure of a blog's popularity, the number of bloglines subscribers? though it does underestimate traffic. i dont believe lori's dessert blog only takes in 10 people reading it, or that PCIJ only 8.

i want to change this lay out. am tamad to do so though

MONster, MD said...

ayan, fab, i left a message ha. Har har. You should do your duty too.

Anyway, this bloglines is new too me. Thanks for the info. And nice talking to you, man. Ingat.