Monday, September 12, 2005

end of a project

today was the culmination of the globe gizmo debate 'tournament' and i thought it turned out pretty well. the kids did the best they ever did, and the principal, the parents and the kids themselves seemed happy about it. i'm glad that all the work and the training seemed to have paid off. they seem that much more confident about themselves. i also got paid. bwahahaha. which is ALWAYS nice.

len, kellda were the ADS people who showed up to judge, glad for that. thanks again guys. made all the difference. after the event, drove len to makati and dropped her in the KAF office but not before having a little coffee time with her. mid-day in Salcedo Village is actually not such a bad thing. i'd even call it pleasant.

back in QC traffic was hell. it took me forever to get to UP, just to read in the bulletin board that offices were closed at 1pm onwards because of the transport strike. sheesh. killed time (na lang) in Starbucks before picking Gica up at six. To kill time I read Gaiman-Pratchett work Good Omens. I fell asleep listening to my mini in Starbucks. I was on one of the arm-chairs.

Pops brought home today his special economist subscription card. yehey. i get premium content online again. ;) i got home and acted lazy. just wanted to document the day though, where I was in black trousers, black shose and a dress shirt. it's actually nice to be in office attire sometimes.

thanks ebtg for inquring about the proceedings. there were some funny moments which i'll tell you about next time we meet.

4 comments:

wonderspeller said...

congrats fabs! you did a really great job with them. when i got back sa office yday, i kept making kwento about the funny kid soundbites like "the fricking government" or "pinch harder when you're older after exercising fingers while texting". gak, sowweee you got caught in traffic =) but it was cool to have a break rin yday and jst hang at coffee bean for a while!

ebtg said...

I think I saw you at Xavierville this afternoon.

fabian said...

spy! i had an errand to do at Metrobank. ;)

how's USAID?

ebtg said...

After having lunch at Satya's with my dad and driving towards Katipunan, I suddenly realized that the familiar WKV was right in front of me. Oh, well.

USAID is crap! I decided to eventually accept their PhP20k offer but with further conditionalities. Cheap, I am not. Haha.

However, if you're still interested in the position, I'm sure Dr. Intal can find some place to fit you in. It's a big project and I understand that Ateneo is the other half in this. There might be openings there, too. Ask around about the TIERG-PACT project of USAID.