Monday, July 25, 2005

nuggets

Some of these I gathered from a nice conversation with Ria A. Last night. She was so 'on the mark' last night. Well, not too surprised actually, 'coz she's been in a contemplative mood. Enjoyed her recent blog entry about triathletes. Anyway, it seems that you're in funny trouble when you start collecting/listing senti songs for somebody and if you're intelligent, you know that it never is just sex

* * *

I was happy with my off-beat half-crazy talk to HPAIR Sunday morning at Alpadis. Kulang kasi sa tulog! Plus the stimulation of 'first speaker' Edsel helped. Anyway, I want to blog a few of my messy notes, so that I have it for reference in the future. In case I have to give some real interesting talk again.

Main points:

We live in exciting times.
We actually can make a difference. We can rock.
You can compete. Your ideas have to count.
Are you interested in Harvard? or in Asian and International Relations?
Governments come and go. Ideas STICK.
Intellectual Capital. We are supposed to be already it, baby.
But, I am an optimist.


Anecdotes:
China. India.
"Pacific Century"
Ho Kwon Ping.
Read Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point.
HPAIR Singapore 2001
HPAIR HongKong 1999

No comments: